Expedited plan check service may be available under the following guidelines:
· Expedited Plan Review is a 3-5 Business Day review period for Building Division only.
· The fee for expedited plan review is a 50% surcharge on the Plan Review and Title 24 Energy review fees as specified in the current City of Emeryville Master Fee Schedule.
· ALL requests for Expedited Plan Check must be made in advance and submitted in writing to the Chief Building Official.
· In your request you must provide: the project address, name of the project, scope of work, approximate submittal date and reason for the request.
· Expedited plan review requests may not be approved due staffing availability.
· Requests made at the time of submittal will not be granted.
· Please allow up to 3-5 days for a response to your request.
· Permits that require approval from other Departments such as Planning, Fire & Public Works are not covered by the 3-5 business day turn around.
· Expedited Plan Check is not available in conjunction with the fixed fees available for Photo Voltaic Permits. The City of Emeryville MFS prohibits additional charges as a result of established flat fee rates.
Subsequent Plan Check revisions are not subject to Expedited requests and will not be considered.
Additional fees may be applicable.
Outside ConsultantsFor the review of large projects, the city contracts with outside consultants.
Whom to Contact
Architects and engineers may contact the assigned consulting plan check engineer directly to discuss technical questions pertinent to the project.
Project owners, developers, and plans expediters may request updates on plan review status from the Building Division only at 510-596-4310.