4300 San Pablo Avenue RFQ/P
The City of Emeryville, California is inviting developers to submit proposals to design and develop an affordable senior or inter-generational rental housing project on a 0.47 acre site located at 4300 San Pablo Avenue.
The overall objectives of the Request for Qualifications and Proposals (RFQ/P) are:
- To select a developer (non-profit or for-profit) that is qualified, experienced, and has the capacity to undertake the design and development of an affordable rental housing project that maximizes the number of affordable units.
- To implement an affordable housing project that effectively serves extremely low-, very low-, and low-income senior households and/or youth in an inter-generational housing model, including youth transitioning from the foster care system.
- To implement a project that adheres to all appropriate Design Considerations including the City of Emeryville’s Planning Regulations, Design Guidelines, Green Design requirements and the San Pablo Avenue Urban Design Plan.
- To meet the goals and objectives of the City of Emeryville’s 2015–2023 Housing Element of the City’s General Plan.
- To minimize to the greatest extent possible, the City’s financial assistance by using outside resources such as private, state, and federal programs.
- To ensure the financial sustainability of the project by selecting a developer able to demonstrate its capacity to sustain both its own financial health as well as that of the development project.
Interested applicants are required to attend a mandatory pre- submittal meeting on Tuesday, October 1, 2019 at 10 am located at Emeryville City Hall located at 1333 Park Avenue, Emeryville, CA 94608 followed by a site visit at 4300 San Pablo Avenue, Emeryville, CA 94608.
Firms are asked to submit their proposal for Phase 1 of the selection process by Noon, Thursday, November 7, 2019.
Developer Selection Process and Project Schedule
|RFQ/P Distributed||September 24, 2019|
|Pre-Submission Meeting & Site Walk|
(Developers are Required to Attend)
|October 1, 2019 at 10 am|
|Phase 1 Submission Due||November 7, 2019 at Noon|
|Applicant Short List Announced||Late December 2019|
|Phase 2 Submission Due||Late March 2020|
|Interviews of Short List by Housing Committee||April 2020 (Est)|
|Housing Committee Recommendations||May 2020 (Est)|
|Award by City Council||June 2020 (Est)|
Map of Emeryville
Photographs of Property and Aerial Site Photo
Allowable Development Calculations
Zoning and Use Classification Table
Estimated Parking Demands
City of Emeryville Design Guidelines
Environmental Remediation Documents- Phase 1
Project Information Sheet
Housing Affordability Table
Sources and Uses Budget Template
30 Year Cash Flow Pro Forma Template
Emeryville Housing Element Goals, Objectives, Policies and Programs
Pre-Submittal Sign-in Sheets