Bike & Pedestrian
Bike to Work Day 2018 was Thursday, May 10th! Always the 2nd Thursday of May...
Total bike count for the morning commute between 7:00 and 9:00 AM was 914. Lots of free bike goodies and refreshments were handed out and everyone had a great time!
For this year's Bike to Work Day, the City of Emeryville again hosted 4 Energizer Stations providing free snacks, water, and free goodies for bicyclists biking to work or to school. The stations were located on:
- 40th St. at San Pablo Ave. (northwest corner)
- Adeline St. at 46th St. (both sides of Adeline)
- Greenway at 65th St. (south side of 65th)
- Christie Ave. at Shellmound St. (northwest corner)
Bike to Work Day is funded in the City of Emeryville by Alameda County Measure B/BB and organized in the East Bay by Bike East Bay.
Borrow a bike, pick up and return anywhere in the system.
Bike Lockers are back at Amtrak!
Spaces for 12 bicycles are available at this BikeLink location, at 5885 Horton St. Locks are operated with a Bike Link card. Sign up to get a Bike Link card here. Lockers were installed and are operated and maintained by Bike Link. They were paid for by the City of Emeryville and by Capital Corridor with a grant from the Bay Area Air Quality Management District.
Horton Street Bicycle Boulevard Traffic Calming project completed in November 2016.
Vehicle speed has been slowed on this stretch of Horton between 53rd St. and 45th St
City of Emeryville Pedestrian and Bicycle Plans:
- Emeryville Bicycle and Pedestrian Plan 1998-2010
- Emeryville Pedestrian Bicycle Plan 2012-2020 Maps and other helpful information
- Pedestrian Bicycle Plan Focused Update Addendum 2017
- For information on getting around by bicycle in the Bay Area, visit 511.org.
Bike racks currently installed in the public right of way are paid for by a grant from the Bay Area Air Quality Management District and Measure B funds.
For the city's approved Bike Parking Installation Guidelines, visit the APBP website.
The City of Emeryville Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee meets monthly on the first Monday at 5:30 p.m., except for the months of August and December. For more information, go here.